Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that I’d be at war. Every day is a struggle. I am in a battlefield I march in and out off. I am a warrior now and I am stronger. When I was younger my worries included school work, grades, friends, my relationship with my family,…
I went into Spider-Man: Homecoming with mild expectations, and boy was this a great idea because those expectations were absolutely blown out of the park! THE GOOD: There is so much good to cover about Spider-Man: Homecoming, so to get the full spiel, you are just going to have to see it for yourself. But to start, I…
If you have an option to work from, would you do it? There are a lot of good reasons to consider if you are planning to work from home as a freelancer. Most of the Business Owner and Entrepreneur are now taking advantage of our technology where they can manage their company online. As a…
As an ICU nurse, I never proceed to work without the nursing paraphernalia that I carry with me during the duty. These are like my sword, shield, and armor if I will go to a war zone. My scrub suit pockets have a handful of these items that help each shift become easier and manageable….
There are certain customer service skills that all employees need to learn if they are to make their customers 100% happy. Businessmen will find themselves constantly facing embarrassing situations if most of their customers complain about their products or the inefficient service given by their employees. Simply put, they will lose their customers if their…
Do you wanna know how to start and earn working from home? Nowadays every Mom seemed to have a way of thinking how to become better and better. Influenced of today’s economic downfall and getting worst inflation, one source of income to provide for all the needs of the family is not enough. Mommy like me should find other ways to be able to survive in a day to day living.
Social Media Platforms specifically, Facebook, today’s main source of information, is being used by most businesses to cater different kinds of products and services. This includes short-time online courses on languages, graphic designing, SEO, accounting courses, social media marketing, data encoding, virtual assistant and so on.
Upon learning of these courses, it made known to me that these are the things that most stay-at-home Moms are making busy with. Online jobs are now the most effective and efficient ways of earning, even full time.
Top 4 reasons why online jobs are nowadays most effective and efficient ways of earning.
- Convenient. Working while staying at home. Who else would not want to have a job in the comfort of our own home? Aside from the stress brought by heavy traffic going to offices and from offices going back to home, a relieve from the daily mess in the road could be very helpful to us Moms who really deserve more peaceful moments in our lives.
- Economical. Commuters who normally spend 1/4 of their income to transport fees will eventually save their money which can be used to other expenses at home.
- Earning while taking care of our loved ones. Mommies who normally go back to work after giving birth could be very painful. I know, because I was once like that. Now that my son is already a year and a half, he constantly needs my attention. It’s so hard to leave the house in the morning and you’ll see him again after more than 8 hours of the day. Oftentimes, he will have to fall asleep because he can no longer wait for me. (He normally jumped and screamed, “Mommy!” every time I’m coming.) And working online while taking care of him is like a wish come true to all the Moms out there.
- Income Leverage. Having the right set of skills in one’s personality and interests, working online could be very much rewarding. A lot of freelancers had already testified on this. A possible income that is far more than from his or her corporate basic income isn’t hard to gain.
Realizing all of the lists above can be very enticing to eventually grab the opportunity of working from home.
However, there are things that we need to prepare in order to start our online career.
5 Important things you should invest to work online:
- Laptop. I have my second-hand, old model laptop which I normally use every time I prepare a presentation in the office. I bought this just to have a backup every time my PC gets down. For the mean time, this could be useful though I suggest that we should have the suggested computer specs for our working laptops. But to those who do not have enough budget at the moment, like me, your old model laptop can be very useful too. If we have already the budget then, we can eventually upgrade, right?
- Webcam. Though my old model laptop has no built-in webcam, I intend to use my smartphone during client calls. However, again we should have to follow the suggested computer specs for our working laptops. For those who do not have a built-in webcam on their laptops and has no budget yet, I would suggest using your smartphones for the mean time. Just a reminder to always check it’s battery because normally it drained fast, so we just have to be very mindful of this thing.
- Headset. I have my ordinary headset which I bought in the market at around P150.00, I use this in the office during non-busy hours, whenever I’m free and done of my tasks. This is why I also bring my materials in the office. Lately, I purchased a good quality headset with a noise cancellation feature. It doesn’t have to be too expensive as long as it has good quality. Again, I would repeat, if there’s already a budget then, we can eventually go to a much better quality.
- Reliable Internet connection. Our internet connection speed will depend on the tasks or job that we are going to do. But as suggested by Sir Jason Dulay, a 5mbps internet speed will be quite good enough. I go with PLDT-Ultera Home or the SmartBro 699 Plan. It has a maximum of 3mbps speed and 30-36gm data a month. This is good for a start, though I can upgrade anytime I need if the task require.
- A good working place. Maybe not all of us has this good working place to work at. Because we usually go to different areas of our home where we seem to be comfortable. It can be in the kitchen, sala, or bedroom. Me, having my kids, I would normally go to our room and closed the door to concentrate on my job. Or I’d go to veranda during the night when everybody falls asleep.
Now that we already know the basic things that we should have before starting working from home, we can now focus on the skills that we have to improve.
5 Minimum Skills that we need to enhance before working at home:
- English Language. Since we will be dealing with international clients, we should at least know how to communicate in the English language. There are many free websites online including, Youtube, italki, effortless English, English 101 and much more, which can be used as tools to practice our English communication. But if you want a step by step procedure in learning, there is a course in Sir Jason Dulay’s Better English for Online Success.
- Computer savvy. If we really wanted to become successful in our online career, we have to be a computer savvy. It doesn’t mean that we need to master the computer applications, we just need to indulge ourselves more often on the internet.
- Research. Related to computer savvy we have to be more attached with Google. Google will be our best friend in all the things that we wanted to know.
- Typing. The most basic skill is typing. Of course, this is the skill that we wanted to at least perfect if we want a typing job.
- Admin works. Admin works are the basic skills a virtual assistant should have. Know the Virtual Assistant Bootcamp in Sir Jason Dulay’s courses.
Now that we know the basic skills that we need to enhance, we can now have the courage to apply and look for a client that could land us to online job.
This is possible only if we have the right attitude, mindset, and trust in ourselves.
Negative people are really not hard to come by. You will meet them on the workplace, hear them on the bus, on the company’s cafeteria and have seen some of their behaviors on the street. Opposing their undesirable aura can really be draining and challenging. On the other hand, going along with them can also…
Admit it, even though we want to squeeze in a few minutes a day to exercise we just find it impossible. Especially for working mothers who have to juggle daily activities between home , work, and family. You can try these 10 exercises you can do at your desk while working. They are subtle yet…
Work at Home Mom Being a mother is the greatest challenge every woman could ever encounter. It includes a lot of responsibilities and it takes a lot of energy, time and effort and most of all attention to accomplish each of these responsibility. Taking care of kids is the most important responsibility that should…
Dear Househusbands, Have you heard of these lines before “Hey, you are the head of the family, why do you allow your wife to be the provider? Don’t just stay at home! Work Work Work!” Others say, “You can’t let your wife to the WORK! You are the man! It’s a shame to see your wife…