Admit it, even though we want to squeeze in a few minutes a day to exercise we just find it impossible. Especially for working mothers who have to juggle daily activities between home , work, and family.
You can try these 10 exercises you can do at your desk while working. They are subtle yet effective enough to work out those lazy bones and muscles.
1.Lift one leg off the seat, extend it out straight, hold for 2 seconds; then lower your foot (stop short of the floor) and hold for several seconds.
2. Place both hands on your chair arms and slowly lift your bottom off the chair. Lower yourself back down but stop short of the seat, hold for a few seconds.
3. Place your hands on the desk and hang on. Slowly push your chair back until your head is between your arms and you’re looking at the floor. Then slowly pull yourself back in.
4. Sitting tall in your chair, stretch both arms over your head and reach for the sky. After 10 seconds, extend the right hand higher, then the left.
5. Let your head loll over so that your right ear nearly touches your right shoulder. Using your hand, press your head a little lower gently. Hold for 10 seconds. Relax, and then repeat on the other side.
6. Perform a football foot drill. Rapidly tap your feet in place, simulating a run. Do the same thing while seated, for 30 seconds at a go.
7. Use a full water bottle as weight to increase the difficulty of your work out. You can do front raises, overhead presses and bicep curls with a water bottle.
8. Sit on the edge of your chair and stretch your arms out in front of you. While keeping your back straight, contract your abdominal muscles. Relax and repeat.
9. Sit facing forward, then turn your head to the left and your torso to the right, and hold a few seconds. Repeat 15 times, alternating sides.
10. Sit facing forward, then turn your head to the left and your torso to the right, and hold a few seconds. Repeat 15 times, alternating sides.